Essential Oils Diffusers break down the essential oils into small particles and diffuse them in the environment to purify the air. In addition to this, you can enjoy the benefits of your favorite essential oil. Over time, your aroma diffuser can buildup oil particles in the diffuser, which can decrease the performance and life of your essential oil diffuser. Therefore, it is necessary to do a proper cleanup of your essential oil diffuser after you have used it.
The recommended time frame for a normal cleanup is after you have used the diffuser 5-6 times and the time frame for major cleanup is once a month or twice. It depends on your usage as well. If you are a heavy user, you may need to do a full cleanup of the diffuser after two weeks.
How To Clean your Essential Oil Diffuser – Guide
First things first.
** Please always go through the instructions manual provided with each Aroma Diffuser and make sure that you have turned off the aroma diffuser. **
Things Needed – Check List
We have made a list of the things that you will need to clean the Aroma Diffuser.
- White Vinegar or Washing liquid
- Wet Tissue Wipes
- Cotton Swap or Cotton Brush
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Dry Cloth or Microfiber Cloth
All of the above things can be found easily at home.
Step 1 Turn Off your Diffuser and Remove Any Remaining Water:
The first step is to make sure that your Aroma Diffuser is switched off and unplugged, in order to avoid any damage to yourself or the diffuser. Once you have turned off the diffuser and unplugged it, then remove any remaining water as instructed in the user manual.
Step 2: Clean the Diffuser from Inside and Outside
Once you have drained the remaining water, now use a neutral detergent that has got not harsh chemicals in it to clean the outside and inside of the Aroma Diffuser. You can use a cotton swap or cotton brush to accomplish this task. You can also use wet tissue wipes to clean the outside or inside of the diffuser.
In every diffuser, you will see a white or silver round sonic chip in the middle of it. you need to clean that as well. This can be done by using a cotton Swap dipped in white vinegar.
Step 3: Dry your Aroma Diffuser
We don’t need a hair dryer to dry the diffuser properly.
This task can be done with the help of Microfiber Cloth or Dry Cloth. Make sure you clean all the water residue with the help of micrrofiber cloth or dry cloth.
How to Deep Clean your Aroma Diffuser once a Month:
Things needed will be the same as above followed by Step 1.
Step 2 Deep Clean your Essential Oil Diffuser:
- The first you need to do is to fill your diffuser half way with clean water. The water should not be too hot or cold. It should be at room temperature.
- Now add 5-10 drops of white vinegar. Please don’t add anything else that has got chemicals in it. If you add anything with chemicals in it, the chances are that it’s going to damage the diffuser body and the diffuser may not function properly.
- After you have added White Vinegar drops in the water, kindly run the diffuser for about 5-10 minutes. This will allow the White Vinegar to clean any oil residue and germs.
- Now turn off the diffuser and don’t forget to unplug it.
- Drain the water from the diffuser as prescribed in the instructions manual
- Clean the diffuser with clean water, use the cotton swap to clean the sonic chip
- Once done, clean the diffuser with microfiber cloth or dry cloth. Make sure that you remove all the water residue, and none is left behind.